My blogging friend Ali wrote this post, which resonated with me and what I experienced growing up. What a damaging disorder for all parties involved. I feel deeply for anyone struggling to live in this type of relationship. This was my childhood in so many ways. I also want to add how harmful it can be when there is an enabler of the narcissist. For me it was, and still is, my mother enabling my stepfather, to the severe determent of all her other relationships. It is an extreme form of abuse, where everyone else but the party causing the pain is blamed. I’ve been there so many times, and the irony of my mother placing this label on me because I had the courage to heal and write about my experiences has been the final straw. I can no longer allow myself to suffer from misdirected blame and abuses, nor allow my children to. Please read Ali’s post, it’s so incredibly thorough and helpful.
- Follow Not Tomatoes on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- The Tyrant of Uruk...
- Animal Messengers: The Cardinal
- Spider: The Writer's Totem
- The Grace of Deer
- Salamander, Tarot and the Element of Fire
- The Face of a Queen
- A Girl Named Truth
- Waterfall Purification Meditation
- Sally's Cafe and Bookstore - Author Update - Paul Cude, D.G. Kaye and Alethea Kehas
- Not an Ordinary Field of Wheat